Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fire

When I arrive in Cambodia I have no idea what I will be doing.
But right now my heart is burning, I mean burning for the children, for those precious ones enslaved in forced prostitution, those whose sweet innocence has been ripped from them unwillingly.
In the eyes of Christ sin is sin, all equal. But to my own heart there seems nothing more terrible, no sin greater than this.
PRAY please for these children, for these stunning creations of God whose tiny lives are being destroyed by the sick world.


People often ask me what I'll be doing out in Cambodia while I'm there.
I have to tell them honestly that I have no expectations. I know of many of the ministries that Water of Life has going on out there and God is truly working mightily, but is there any area I feel particularly called to? Part of me says "No, I will just fill whatever needs God asks me to fill", but at the same time....


By the grace and provision of our great God, Holly and Sreyown have been able to open a WOL house for girls. Many of these girls will be those rescued from child prostitution.
Each time I hear or speak of the issue of sex-trafficking my heart goes wild and I find myself passionate about acting against it. Today I've been reading Amy Carmichael's Gold Cord. It speaks of the child temple-prostitutes in India.
I've hit the end of the fourth chapter, titled Dead Babies, and find myself full of adrenaline and passion. I am capable of doing something to stop this horror.
So maybe, just maybe, this is my calling at least for the next four months. To learn how to best love those rescued from child prostitution, and to pray in earnest for God to show me how I can better help these beloved treasures.


Of course, there is nothing more effective than prayer, so I beg you to join me praying for these children and for those currently battling it out on the missions field to rescue them and show them the true love of Christ.
Please also pray for the sex-traffickers. It is easy for me to get angry and want to hate them for what they are doing, but Christ wants their hearts just as much as the children's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God loves your heart, Millie! You are and will be stretched beyond measure... as well as blessed.